Sunday 1 March 2015

March Is here!



Well I don't know about everyone else but I just love the thought of Spring being just around the corner, although looking out of my window today at the grey skies and rain I still think I am better sitting in knitting than going out!

I tend to have a few things on my needles at once and I am pleased to say that my new mittens were the last of my latest projects to get close to coming off the needles. I don't know about you but I love mittens but do find them a little bulky, that was until I found this Skinny Fit Mitts pattern by Andrea Black on Ravelry  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skinny-fit-mitts They are fabulous, the pattern is easy to follow with both written instructions and a graph. I used Rowan Pure Wool Worsted shade 00112.


As you can see I used four needles but the pattern suggests a circular needle. Just the thumb to go now............. Like most knitters when I come to the end of a project I cannot wait to start the next and I do not like doing tension squares, but to get a garment that fits I must!! So here is the tension square for my next project using Rowan Calmer from my very large stash, I will share what I am doing next time, I am going to complete those mittens now! Speak soon, Sarah 


No comments:

Post a Comment