Tuesday 2 February 2016

January Bits and Bobs !!

January is a dull and cold month for me, I never seem to have any energy, but as soon as I see daffodils in the shops I have to buy them. They were my mums favourite flowers so they always make me feel better. I have been knitting for a few magazines this month and this one is coming soon. I love knitting cables and texture, I never get bored with it.



If you don't already know I run the kids arts and crafts in our local community building in Victoria park. Last year I painted a tree for all the kids to make leaves and flowers on throughout the seasons. This year Lucy at Attic 24 with her patchwork heart flowers have inspired me to create a wall at the community building, using knitted, crocheted and even paper flowers. It will be Victoria Parks community wall of flowers and hopefully have it looking something like this.

                                                         Attic 24 flowers



The patchwork hearts flowers


I have painted the wall in preparation for the flowers
I was sad to paint over the tree from last year
.
This week I have also been busy knitting with King Cole Raffia. At first it was strange to knit with but the results were beautiful. I can see myself knitting a bag for summer in this.






And lastly, myself and Sarah's crochet scarves went all the way to Scotland. A friend bought one for his wife for Xmas to keep her warm up north, so here is Liz modelling our beautiful scarf.



Until next time Ta ta !! Helen & Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment